I haven't updated this blog in a while, but I've still been learning. A week ago, I successfully published a working prototype of a balloon popping game. There was no multitouch at the time, but it I got that working yesterday, along with a score board. ( this game is NOT using flashpunk, i realized that i needed a better understanding of the basics before i jumped into using an engine library)
Red Balloon + 10 points
Green Balloons - 20 points
LightBlue/bomb balloons + 20 points.( eventually I will have it do an AOE effect to the balloons around it)
I've still been reading through the "Foundation Game Design With Actionscript 3.0" book and going through the tutorials. I will post more progress on that later today.